In this article, we propose a simple way for sorting a matrix depending on the values of one of its columns. We use a minimal example for that but the method can be applied to matrices of any size.
Let's create our matrix first (it will be an unsorted 3x2 matrix). You may skip Steps 1 to 3 as you will have a matrix already!
- Step 1: Create the 1st column of the matrix
- Step 2: Create the 2nd column of the matrix
- Step 3: Compose the two columns to form the matrix
- Step 4: Sort the target column (in our example it is the 2nd column) of the matrix and receive a sorter vector
- Step 5: Compose the SORTED matrix
I hope this helps somebody!!!